Monday, April 19, 2010

Being Sentimental or Just Lazy?

Lately I've noticed my undying love for trying to finish video games (I'm a hardcore gamer gal) but then, when it comes down to it (by that, I mean the FINAL boss of the games) I either immediately avoid the final boss by leveling up my characters like an obsessive hikkikomori, or buy new games and forget about the games I'm almost done with.

Take for example...Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (main character being former baron Leon Belmont). I used up much of my time, which could have been devoted to other things (sleeping, reading, studying *blah*) but I simply had to try and finish the game, and you could only imagine how heavy my eye bags were. The sad part of it all, was, at the almost end of the game, I simply stopped playing it. I had no idea why I had the sudden spark of laziness in finishing a game I spent countless days (maybe 3 weeks) trying to finish AND search every nook and cranny JUST to make sure I missed NOTHING.

Anyway, my brother was the one that got around to finishing it, so yeah, I forgot about Castlevania, and moved on to Final Fantasy X-2 (Yuna, Rikku, and Paine) which I repeated twice just to try and get the perfect ending. Then when I was already in the Farplane (going to have a face-off with that Vegnagun). I started that file...2 years ago. To this day I have not touched it. OTL

There were some games I had managed to finish (Kingdom Hearts, other Final Fantasies, Zelda:Phantom Hourglass, and TWEWY, etc...) so I still wonder why I became lazy in finishing those other games, I mean, I wouldn't have played those unless I really was interested in the game (I'm so much of a nerd I research on the games first).

I'll try and finish FFX-2 this summer. But for now, I'm going to play some Harvest Moon and Revenant Wings...

0 comments:

Post a Comment